Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Big Move

So now I had three pet store cages, one for Cooper, the other for Chester and then another for Mac. My next step was to give them bigger and better accommodation and for Chester and Mac to be introduced correctly and live together in the new cage.

I had my c&c cage planned and it did take me a while to track down where to get supplies here in Ireland. Then I had to save up for the cost of it all, and after that I had a few weeks of waiting impatiently while my grids were being ordered.

In total, it took me over 20hours to make this cage but it was so worth it.

So here it is: A 2X7 c&c cage with a 2X2 downstairs area for Chester and Mac to go in and finally be together and then the rest for Cooper to have for himself. Of course it is fully enclosed as I have cats and dogs.

Please excuse the pet store cage in Coopers part, it was to help him adjust to the transition of the new cage as he seemed a little stressed but after a while he loved it. It is a good example though of how little space the 'extra large' cage sold at the store was and how much better his new home is.

No comments:

Post a Comment