Tuesday 16 August 2011

Another Wheeker Joins The Family

I really enjoyed being a rabbit owner and a guinea pig owner. I quickly became obsessed with the internet side of animal ownership and learing about animal care and seeing other peoples setups. Its from there that I learned how guinea pigs and rabbits are best kept in pairs or groups and how there is alternative housing than just the cages they sell at the pet store.

I designed a c&c cage, and redesigned and redesigned until I had one that I was finally happy with. So I planned to save up for the new, bigger cage and then get Chester a new friend and then after I get Cooper neutered I would get him a friend.

Though my brother had another plan..

He arrived home from college one day saying he had something in the car for me to get for him, I went out and what did I see? But a beautiful new guinea pig. He was all different shades of brown and had medium lenght hair. He did end up being nameless for about two weeks but we named him Mac in the end. From the start he was very friendly and outgoing, compared to is cagemate to be Chester, who is shy and timid.
Macs first day here  -14th October 2010
I kept Mac and Chester seperated until I had the big cage set up and then I could introduce them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment